Monday, March 23, 2009

New Poll: Tacos

Peeve #70: Flour tortillas with tacos.

I'm reminded of an experimentish-style-game-endeavor I conceived of a few months ago...  

Being that there is no dearth of Mexican eateries in Chicago, I would find it interesting to see what sort of new places you could find if you simply drove around aimlessly within city limits for 10 minutes and went into the next Mexican establishment you came across.  I would be willing to bet there are more Mexican places than McDonald's in this great city, so it could definitely work, and it might give a chance to those technologically challenged dives that get little or no press.  (I will throw myself off the soon-to-be-atrociously-named Willis Tower if I hear another word about, dare I say it, La Pasadita.)

If there is anyone willing to try this out, I'll let you report about your journey.  In particular, if you find a place with great menudo you can call me personally.  It goes without saying but I'll say it anyway:  Taco Bell, Chipotle and the likes do not count. 

No Reservations soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment